Sunday, March 9, 2008

I miss that 1 hour already!

Well happy spring - the bunnies are hopping, the birds are chirping and I lost an hour of my Sunday! poo! I'll miss that hour tomorrow morning even more!

So last night El and I went on a date to a newer restaurant in town. Actually, it was the 5th restaurant we tried to get in and by the time we got there, a 30 minute wait no longer sounded unreasonable! Anyway, I've got no restriction at all with the band so basically I can eat whatever - so ummm I did. Brian was working a show at his school so we had some time to have an actual date.

So we went to Sutter's Mill - this is the new location in Simi. Years ago, we used to go to the one in Mission Hills on Sepulveda. Loved it. Not so much on the new place. At one point, I could actually hear Gordon Ramsey in my head reviewing the food ... from this I learned I watch too much t.v. and also that Gordon is right! Serving packaged salad like I get at Vons - bad idea. Worse idea is when they can't bother to even wash it to at least give the illusion that it was fresh. For $20 a plate, could they not find anything besides the plastic salad dressing container tilted on the bagged lettuce? Apparently not. Lemonade - ick. Nuff said. I had steak (angus per the menu), 3 shrimp and a stuffed baked potato. Best thing was the shrimp though sadly I'm positive they came frozen out of the box. I'm used to steak at home - with seasoning! Having a lump of meat without seasoning is well ... I don't get it. El had a rib-eye that he said wasn't seasoned either. We also noticed people around us using their salt & pepper shakers a lot so I don't think it was just us and Gordon Ramsey on our shoulder! LOL! So, $50 later we left and then wondered why we didn't go to our favorite local Red's BBQ (who have nothing to worry about from this restaurant).

Today we're going to plan a Saturday trip to Mexicali for I hope this month -- if not the beginning of April. I SO need to go back. Meanwhile, I'm going to plan out lunches this week and go shopping so I'm at least prepared at work. Gotta work the band in order for it to work! I still miss my lunch buddy, and I can see where I could fall into the traps of drive-thrus if I don't put the brakes on real quick. Fighting the battle of the food isn't ever going to be easy - even armed with a band - its a lot of in my head stuff (complete with arguing) so if I can just remove having to think about what to have each day, I think it will be easier.

I put in for vacation this past week at work - nothing planned, just some time off. First week is Brian's spring break at the end of this month and then the other week is when the boys are off at Scout Camp on Catalina Island. I figure I can be at Camp too - right here in the house and get some scrapping done (or not). Maybe meet a diva or two for coffee in the morning if schedule permits. Hey there's a plan!

Well, I guess I should try and organize the mess in the family room before the Atlanta race starts today. We have to go to Costco (coupon book expiring) and fill up the gas tank for the week (oh joy but thank you for the Costco gas station!) and Brian needs to do his laundry. Sundays - so much to do, and today an hour less to get it done in!

No comments: