Monday, August 27, 2007

Excess

EXCESS --- this word has been rolling around in my head lately. I even wake up at 2am pondering this word and how it affects me and my little family.

The definition online is listed as "the state or an instance of surpassing usual, proper, or specified limits", yet my definition came closer to "too much of something that makes one uncomfortable".

So starting with the obvious, EXCESS weight ... ugh ... definitely over the usual, proper or specified limits and most definitely, makes one (well, me) so uncomfortable. I know this is something I need to do something about, want to do something about, and yet fall into the same daily traps and end up saying "tomorrow". EXCESS sucks!

Then, to humor my Mom, EXCESS scrapbooking supplies.
Do you know how annoying it is to realize that Mom is right yet again? I reached EXCESS in this department many many months ago - we're into capsizing the Titanic at this point. This is where the definition changes to include "too much of something .... that also makes it impossible to function to create." I sit and ponder my desktop (all 3 inches that I can see of it) and wonder where all this stuff came from and what the heck I'm going to do with it! LOL! I have an entire room to scrap in and I can honestly say that NOTHING has come out of that room in at least a year. EXCESS sucks!

EXCESS computer time - nah, won't go there! LOL!

EXCESS debt. The other day on 2Peas there was a discussion in which the question posed was "are you in debt?" After the upteenth post of "nope, everything paid for except the mortgage", someone finally posted that anyone with excess debt (or in the case of that message board, ANY debt) wasn't about to admit it! How true how true! I was getting rather depressed up to that point, but then realized there were a lot of chickens out there like me (yay I have company - we're the ones that keep credit people employed, we keep this country functioning - I am proud! LOL!!) Am I the only one who reads how to get out of debt books and mutters "oh this isn't any fun?" I need to come up with a fun way to get out of debt (no no Mom, having a garage sale while wearing a clown costume while hawking my EXCESS scrapping supplies is NOT on the agenda!). Notice how EXCESS money isn't a problem.

EXCESS is still rolling around in my head ... so let me know if it rolls around in yours now :) (I know, you can thank me later - maybe when you wake up at 2am!)

Trish

2 comments:

tm1 said...

I can relate to you about so many things but especially excess scrapbook supplies.

kimble said...

We call can relate Trish - Excess is everywhere in our lives.