Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year 2009!!!!

Resolutions - who has some, who runs the other way from them? I used to make them (okay the same one) every year. Woohoo, having the lapband and losing 68 lbs this year has lightened that load (and me) and I no longer feel compelled to make the same resolution every New Years Eve of promising to lose weight, feel better, blah blah blah. I'm on the happy road and it feels great. Course, some days I would like to EAT, but I'm quickly reminded that its not a good idea anymore!

I would like to change other things. One is that I need to post on here more often so there's that resolution. The other is to brace myself and finally face up to the horror that is my scrapbook room and ultimately begin scrapping again. Yeah okay. Laugh if you want - heck I'm laughing with you! LOL! I have literally stayed out of the room because its just too horrific to go in there -- I think paper elves have drunken parties in there because its BAD! I know there's a floor ... heck, there's carpet. I just have to ummm find it! I have 1,434 projects to complete and have done NONE of them - this must change! LOL! So I'll report in each week with my progress - I'd post photos but I think it would scare people (plus the paper elves get annoyed)!

I hope everyone has a wonderful new year ... 2008 was a rough ride at the end and we just hope the economy improves. El's work has been hit hard as all automotive dealerships have been. His "team" is officially defunct as of today and tomorrow he finds out what team he'll be on for the immediate future. He's talked with other techs in the shop and no one is making any money like they did 6 months ago. But we are optimistic - we have our health, we're happy, we have looney tuney dogs that make us giggle, Brian has a very cute used new car (woohoo!) and maybe he'll even drive it one day! LOL Things are just gonna be GOOD and better this year!

No comments: